Field Study #1


 Field Study #1
Tuesday, September 9




Sound map:

Sketches:


Field Notes:

Tuesday, September 9, 3:30pm
Conditions: Sunny, little to no wind, clear skies
Temperature: 69˚F
Length of day: 12hr 46min
Organisms seen/heard: White tailed deer, squirrel, cicadas, crickets, birds

Summary of today's trip:
At my field study location, I noted many things that pertain to this pre-fall season we find ourselves in, I noticed decaying leaves beneath my feet crunching when I walk. I heard cicadas, crickets, deer, squirrels, birds, road noise, and I could smell the dirt beneath my feet. I collected my three soil samples for my experiment to answer the question,  "How does the amount of organic material in the soil change throughout the seasons". The leaves are still green, but I'm expecting that by the next visit or the visit after that, the leaves will have turned golden brown and fallen to the ground. As the season changes, I can expect to find more and more organic material in my soil samples.

Comments

  1. Can't hear your natural sounds much on your video but the rest is good.

    Great pics! Good starting descriptions but for some of your organisms give a bit more about where they are, what they are doing, how many there are, same of different kinds, etc. The rest is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See me a minute about your sound map. You can re-do for full credit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study #3